Saturday, January 5, 2008

On My Way to Boston


Thursday was my last day on the Island (Saint Simons Island).  It was a bitter sweet moment in my life.  Leaving the South and embarking a new chapter in life amongst the bitter cold of the North East.  My trek on Thursday was from SSI to  Washington D.C. (only a 10 hour drive).  I must say that Virginia is not too back of a state.  
Friday morning I woke up and prayed that my car hadn't been broken into (due to the massive amounts of stuff).  It wasn't  so I set off for the Big Apple to hang out their for a few days (4 hour drive).  I have this to offer as free information.  I know now way New Jersey is called the Garden State!  There was nothing up until the NY state line.  
In the Big Apple I found out why car horns break (because it's how you let people know you are there.)  There are street signs that say $300 fine for honking!  NY isn't as bad as it's made out to be in all the TV shows and movies.  If you ever get the chance to wonder around NYC by yourself do it!  
Today all I did was walk around Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art (way cool), and  the Rockefeller Center.  The picture is from The MET.  It's called the "Gates of Paradise" by  Lorenzo Ghiberti.  The MET has some really old bibles and crosses that is said to have part of the cross in the middle incased in crystal.  Oh I can't wait for tomorrow... I have no idea what i am going to do!
Only a few more days till i am officially a resident of Boston!

2 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

So exciting! But I know the island misses you...

Katie B said...

Yay for Corey!
The met IS awesome.
I'm pretty sure no picture allowed though... hmmm. :)

You should watch Elf and get inspired for other things to do.

Blessings!