Monday, September 3, 2007

And the Transitions have started!

Well I as of last Friday I had finished my job with the Gathering Place and started my new job as a caddy at Sea Island. I have also successfully moved moved out of my apt. with Josh Bruce and have moved into Gigi's House (the Wade's Grandmother's living quarter Oct. 27- May 25). I have a little over 45 day up stairs then I move into the basement with the pool table and the crabs! Transition is not an easy thing because it normally involves change which is not an easy thing. The funny thing is that this only the beginning for me. Jan 3 is coming quick and then I will be on my way to join some friends in Boston for a few years.
I must say working as a caddy and hanging around in the caddy pen has been a real eye opener of how lost this world really is and how sheltered I have been the past 3 years while working in youth ministry. Just after 3 days my heart has broken for some of these guys. I think the best part about doing this job is that I get to see the sun rise while putting out drinking water on the course. This give me a chance to thank the Lord for the job he has provide me with and it give me the time to pray for my fellow caddies. I enjoy being outside most of the day, but must that am receiving the worst farmers tan that i have ever had in my life! Well that's all for now, but here is a picture of the 9th on Sea Side.

4 comments:

jenny said...

enjoy your last few months on the island. Why did you end your GP job now and not in December?

Shelly said...

Corey! That is one INTENSE farmer's tan! And I need to say that I think I'm jealous :(

It's already cool here, and we know I don't like that :(

I'm on day 1 of orientation and I think we're all exhausted! It's been tough, good, fun, and draining.

I rejoice that the Lord has set you as salt with the job you're at right now. You're right - it's tough stuff. But good.

Talk to you later.

mandy said...

ouch........
that tan will last you a good two years up here!
:)

Courtney said...

Wow its Corey Hines. :)
How are you doing these days?